Research programme: sustained-release siRNA and microRNA therapeutics - CelsionAlternative Names: EGEN-002; GEN 2; Research programme: sustained-release siRNA anticancer therapeutics - Celsion
Latest Information Update: 05 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator EGEN; SurModics
- Developer Celsion Corporation
- Class MicroRNAs; Small interfering RNA
- Mechanism of Action MIRN145-microRNA-inhibitors; RNA interference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Lung cancer; Pulmonary arterial hypertension