Research programme: RNA interference-based therapeutics - Generex/RXi
Latest Information Update: 05 May 2016
At a glance
- Originator Generex Biotechnology Corporation; RXi Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Developer Generex Biotechnology Corporation; RXi Pharmaceuticals
- Class Small interfering RNA
- Mechanism of Action Gene silencing; RNA interference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Haematological malignancies