Research programme: hepatitis C virus nucleotide polymerase inhibitors - InhibitexAlternative Names: HCV nucleotide polymerase inhibitors - Inhibitex; INX-189 back-up compound - Inhibitex; INX-189 follow-on compound - Inhibitex
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Inhibitex
- Class Nucleotides
- Mechanism of Action Hepatitis C virus NS 5 protein inhibitors; Polymerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hepatitis C
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Hepatitis-C in USA
- 14 Feb 2012 Inhibitex has been acquired by Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 12 Jan 2011 Preclinical trials in Hepatitis C in USA (unspecified route)