Valrubicin - ValdermAlternative Names: Topical valrubicin; Valrubicin cream
Latest Information Update: 26 Aug 2015
At a glance
- Originator Valderm
- Class Anthracyclines; Antineoplastics; Cytostatics; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA intercalators; DNA repair enzyme inhibitors; Type II bacterial DNA topoisomerase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Plaque psoriasis
Most Recent Events
- 26 Aug 2015 Discontinued - Phase-II for Plaque psoriasis in Germany (Topical)
- 17 Sep 2011 Valderm completes its phase IIa trial for Plaque psoriasis in Germany