Ezetimibe/rosuvastatin - BioconAlternative Names: Rosuvastatin/ezetimibe
Latest Information Update: 23 May 2015
At a glance
- Originator Biocon
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Azetidines; Fluorobenzenes; Propanols; Pyrimidines; Small molecules; Sulfonamides
- Mechanism of Action Cholesterol absorption inhibitors; HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors; NPC1L1 protein inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hypercholesterolaemia
Most Recent Events
- 23 May 2015 No recent reports of development identifed - Phase-III for Hypercholesterolaemia in India (PO)
- 02 Feb 2011 Phase-III clinical trials in Hypercholesterolaemia in India (PO)