EpelsibanAlternative Names: 557296; GSK557296
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2017
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action Oxytocin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Infertility; Premature ejaculation
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Infertility(In volunteers) in USA (PO, Tablet)
- 13 Jun 2016 GlaxoSmithKline terminates phase I trial in Infertility (In volunteers) in USA (IV) (NCT02213029)
- 06 Jun 2016 GlaxoSmithKline plans a phase II trial in Adenomyosis in USA (NCT02794467)