Research programme: HIV-RNase H inhibitors - Astex Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 19 Apr 2012
At a glance
- Originator Astex Therapeutics
- Developer Astex Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Ribonuclease H inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2012 Discontinued for HIV infections in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 12 Sep 2011 SuperGen is now called Astex Pharmaceuticals
- 20 Jul 2011 Astex Therapeutics has been acquired by SuperGen