Research programme: liposomal cancer therapies - Xenetic BiosciencesAlternative Names: Liposomal paclitaxel - Xenetic/Serum Institute of India; LipoTaxen; Paclitaxel liposomal - Xenetic/Serum Institute of India
Latest Information Update: 07 Oct 2011
At a glance
- Originator Lipoxen Technologies
- Developer Xenetic Biosciences
- Class Diterpenes; Paclitaxels; Small molecules; Taxanes
- Mechanism of Action Angiogenesis inhibitors; Immunosuppressants; Tubulin inhibitors; Tubulin polymerisation promoters
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- Available For Licensing Yes - Cancer
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer