Aspirin/ramipril/simvastatinAlternative Names: Acetylsalicylic-acid/ramipiril/simvastatin; Cardiovascular Polypill; Polypill - Ferrer
Latest Information Update: 18 Jan 2016
At a glance
- Originator Ferrer
- Class Antihyperlipidaemics; Antihypertensives; Antiplatelets; Heterocyclic bicyclo compounds; Naphthalenes; Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories; Salicylates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action ACE inhibitors; Cyclooxygenase inhibitors; HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors; Nitric oxide stimulants; Platelet aggregation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase III Cardiovascular disorders
Most Recent Events
- 11 Jul 2011 Ferrer Internacional terminates a phase II pharmacodynamic trial in Cardiovascular disorders in the US (NCT01004705)
- 22 Oct 2009 Phase-II clinical trials in Cardiovascular disorders in USA (PO)