Research programme: tumour cell metabolism-based therapeutics - Astex Pharmaceuticals
Latest Information Update: 19 Apr 2012
At a glance
- Originator Astex Therapeutics
- Developer Astex Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cancer
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2012 Discontinued for Cancer in United Kingdom (unspecified route)
- 12 Sep 2011 SuperGen is now called Astex Pharmaceuticals
- 20 Jul 2011 Astex Therapeutics has been acquired by SuperGen