Research programme: glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor - Eli Lilly
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Eli Lilly
- Developer Eli Lilly; Medtronic
- Class Nerve growth factors
- Mechanism of Action Neuron stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Parkinson's-disease in USA (Parenteral, Implant)
- 26 Apr 2011 Early research in Parkinson's disease in USA (Parenteral)