Calaspargase pegolAlternative Names: EZN-2285; Oncaspar-IV; SC-PEG asparaginase; SC-PEG E. coli L-asparaginase; Scalasparagase pegol
Latest Information Update: 15 Jun 2016
At a glance
- Originator Enzon Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Children's Oncology Group; Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; National Cancer Institute (USA); Shire; Sigma-Tau Pharmaceuticals
- Class Amidohydrolases; Antineoplastics; Polyethylene glycols
- Mechanism of Action Aspartate-ammonia ligase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase III Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia
- Phase I Acute myeloid leukaemia