Research programme: cancer pain therapeutics - Benitec
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Benitec Ltd
- Developer Benitec Biopharma
- Class Small interfering RNA
- Mechanism of Action D amino acid oxidase inhibitors; Gene silencing; Protein kinase C gamma inhibitors; RNA interference
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cancer pain
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Cancer-pain in Australia (Intrathecal, Injection)
- 18 May 2011 Preclinical trials in Cancer pain in Australia (Intrathecal)