Research programme: peginterferon beta-1b - NuronAlternative Names: Long-acting inteferon beta-2b - Nuron; NU 400
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Nuron Biotech
- Class Antineoplastics; Antivirals; Interferons
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators; Interferon beta stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Multiple-sclerosis in USA (Parenteral)
- 13 Dec 2011 Nuron exercises its option for an exclusive worldwide licence to PolyTherics' TheraPEG™ technology
- 27 May 2011 Preclinical trials in Multiple sclerosis in USA (Parenteral)