Aripiprazole/escitalopramAlternative Names: Escitalopram/aripiprazole; OPC-14597/escitalopram
Latest Information Update: 13 Aug 2013
At a glance
- Originator Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization
- Class Antidepressants; Antipsychotics; Benzofurans; Nitriles; Piperazines; Propylamines; Quinolines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Dopamine D2 receptor agonists; Serotonin 1A receptor agonists; Serotonin 2 receptor antagonists; Serotonin uptake inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Major depressive disorder
Most Recent Events
- 13 Aug 2013 No development reported - Phase-III for Major depressive disorder (treatment-experienced) in USA, Australia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Mexico, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain and Taiwan (PO)
- 15 Jul 2011 Otsuka terminates four phase III trials in Major depressive disorder (NCT01111539, NCT01111552, NCT01111565, NCT01123707)