Adefovir dipivoxil/lamivudineAlternative Names: Lamivudine/adefovir dipivoxil
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antiretrovirals; Deoxyribonucleosides; Phosphonic acids; Purine nucleotides; Pyrimidine nucleosides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors; Hepatitis B virus replication inhibitors; Immunomodulators; Nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Hepatitis B
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Hepatitis-B(In volunteers) in Hong Kong (PO, Capsule)
- 30 Apr 2011 GlaxoSmithKline completes a phase I trial in Chronic Hepatitis B in Hong Kong (NCT01353742)
- 28 Feb 2011 Phase-I clinical trials in Hepatitis B in Hong Kong (PO)