At a glance
- Originator Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Class Antihypertensives
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 15 Feb 2015 Discontinued - Phase-I for Hypertension in Australia and New Zealand (PO)
- 15 Feb 2015 Merck terminates a phase I trial in Hypertension in Australia and New Zealand (PO) (NCT01558674)
- 31 Oct 2014 Discontinued - Phase-I for Hypertension in South Africa (PO)