AZD 5099Alternative Names: AZD5099
Latest Information Update: 06 Aug 2012
At a glance
- Originator AstraZeneca
- Class Antibacterials
- Mechanism of Action DNA gyrase modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Bacterial infections
Most Recent Events
- 30 Jun 2012 Discontinued - Phase-I for Bacterial infections in USA (IV)
- 30 Nov 2011 Suspended - Phase-I for Bacterial infections in USA (IV)
- 20 Jun 2011 Phase-I clinical trials in Bacterial infections (in volunteers) in USA (IV)