Metformin/vogliboseAlternative Names: CJ-30001; CJ-30002; HKB-0701/SLM-0807; SLM-0807/HKB-0701; Voglibose/metformin; Vogmet
Latest Information Update: 21 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Originator CJ Cheiljedang Corp.
- Developer CJ HealthCare
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Biguanides; Inositol phosphates; Small molecules; Sugar alcohols
- Mechanism of Action Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors; AMP activated protein kinase stimulants; Gluconeogenesis inhibitors; Glucose modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 01 Jul 2012 CJ Cheiljedang Corporation completes a phase III trial in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in South Korea (NCT01370707)
- 30 Apr 2011 Phase-III clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in South Korea (PO)