BI 54903/tiotropium bromideAlternative Names: Tiotropium bromide/BI 54903
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Boehringer Ingelheim
- Class Antiasthmatics; Antibronchitics; Small molecules; Tropanes
- Mechanism of Action Muscarinic M1 receptor antagonists; Muscarinic M3 receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Respiratory tract disorders
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Respiratory-tract-disorders(In volunteers) in Germany (Inhalation, Powder)
- 28 Jun 2011 Boehringer Ingelheim completes a Phase-I trial in healthy volunteers in Germany (NCT01309139)