FamitinibAlternative Names: Famitinib maleate; SHR 1020
Latest Information Update: 28 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co.
- Class Antineoplastics; Diethylamines; Fluorobenzenes; Indoles; Pyrroles; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 inhibitors; Platelet-derived growth factor receptor antagonists; Proto oncogene protein c-kit inhibitors; Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 3 antagonists; Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 antagonists; Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Phase III Colorectal cancer; Non-small cell lung cancer
- Phase II Gastrointestinal stromal tumours; Neuroendocrine tumours; Renal cell carcinoma
- No development reported Breast cancer; Nasopharyngeal cancer
Most Recent Events
- 06 May 2016 Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine plans a phase III trial for Non-small cell lung cancer (Combination therapy, Late-stage disease, Recurrent, Metastatic disease; Second-line therapy or greater) in China (NCT02766140)
- 01 May 2016 Phase-III clinical trials in Non-small cell lung cancer (Late-stage disease, Second-line therapy or greater, Metastatic disease, Recurrent, Combination therapy) in China (PO)
- 31 Jan 2016 Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine completes enrolment in a phase II trial for Gastrointestinal stromal tumours (Inoperable/Unresectable, Late-stage disease) in China (NCT02336724)