Hydrocortisone/pramocaineAlternative Names: hydrocortisone-acetate/pramoxine-hydrochloride; ProCort
Latest Information Update: 21 Jul 2011
At a glance
- Originator Skinvisible Pharmaceuticals
- Developer Skinvisible Pharmaceuticals; Womens Choice Pharmaceuticals
- Class Anti-inflammatories; Antiallergics; Glucocorticoids; Local anaesthetics; Pregnenediones
- Mechanism of Action Glucocorticoid receptor agonists; Sodium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Haemorrhoids
Most Recent Events
- 18 Jul 2011 Launched for Haemorrhoids in USA (Topical)