Research programme: folate receptor alpha-targeted vaccines - VaxOnco/Mayo ClinicAlternative Names: Breast/ovarian cancer vaccine - VaxOnco; FOLR-alpha vaccine; FR-alpha vaccine
Latest Information Update: 26 Mar 2014
At a glance
- Originator Mayo Clinic; VaxOnco
- Mechanism of Action Folate receptor 1 antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Breast cancer; Ovarian cancer
Most Recent Events
- 26 Mar 2014 No development reported - Preclinical for Ovarian cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 26 Mar 2014 No development reported - Preclinical for Breast cancer in USA (unspecified route)
- 28 Jul 2011 Preclinical trials in Ovarian cancer in USA (unspecified route)