Research programme: eye disorder therapeutics - Novartis/OctoPlus
Latest Information Update: 13 Mar 2013
At a glance
- Originator ESBATech
- Developer Novartis; OctoPlus
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Eye disorders
Most Recent Events
- 27 Feb 2013 OctoPlus has been acquired by Dr Reddys Laboratories
- 17 Feb 2012 Preclinical trials in Eye disorders in Netherlands (Ophthalmic)
- 01 Aug 2011 Early research is ongoing in Netherlands