Research programme: degenerative and metabolic disorder therapeutics - Prothena CorporationAlternative Names: Islet amyloid polypeptide antibodies - Prothena; PRX 004
Latest Information Update: 08 Nov 2016
At a glance
- Originator Neotope Biosciences
- Developer Neotope Biosciences; Prothena Corporation
- Class Monoclonal antibodies
- Mechanism of Action Protein aggregation inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Amyloidosis; Metabolic disorders; Neurodegenerative disorders
- Research Age-related macular degeneration