Research programme: haemophilia therapeutics - Celtic Pharma/PolyThericsAlternative Names: Haemophilia therapeutics - Pro Bono Bio; Long-acting blood coagulation factor IX - Pro Bono Bio; Long-acting blood coagulation factor VIIa - Pro Bono Bio; Long-acting blood coagulation factor VIII - Pro Bono Bio; Protein therapeutics - Celtic Pharma/Polytherics; TheraPEG™ Factor IX; TheraPEG™ Factor VIIa; TheraPEG™ Factor VIII
Latest Information Update: 13 Mar 2013
At a glance
- Originator Celtic Pharma; PolyTherics
- Developer PolyTherics; Pro Bono Bio
- Class Blood coagulation factors; Polyethylene glycols
- Mechanism of Action Blood coagulation factor replacements; Factor IX stimulants; Factor X stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Haemophilia A; Haemophilia B