Scorpion venom antitoxinAlternative Names: Scorpion venom antiserum - Birmex
Latest Information Update: 22 May 2015
At a glance
- Originator Birmex
- Class Antitoxins; Antivenins; Immunotherapies
- Mechanism of Action Biological toxin inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Scorpion venom poisoning
Most Recent Events
- 06 Aug 2013 Launched for Scorpion venom poisoning in Mexico (Parenteral) prior to August 2013
- 18 Aug 2011 Phase-III clinical trials in Scorpion venom poisoning in Mexico (Parenteral)