Research programme: fragile X syndrome therapeutics - Afraxis/National Institutes of Health
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Afraxis
- Developer Afraxis; National Institutes of Health (USA)
- Mechanism of Action P21 activated kinase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Fragile X syndrome
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Fragile-X-syndrome in USA
- 29 Jan 2013 Genentech acquires worldwide rights to develop and commercialise Afraxis' proprietary compounds for an undisclosed target
- 26 Sep 2011 Early research in Fragile X syndrome in USA (unspecified route)