Research programme: antibacterials - Genome PharmaceuticalsAlternative Names: Kaikosin E; Kaikosins
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Genome Pharmaceuticals Institute
- Class Lipopeptides
- Mechanism of Action Cell wall inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Gram-positive infections; Staphylococcal infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Gram-positive-infections in Japan
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Staphylococcal-infections in Japan
- 18 Sep 2011 Preclinical trials in Gram-positive infections in Japan (unspecified route)