Research programme: Alzheimer's disease immunotherapy - Emergent BioSolutions/University of British Columbia
Latest Information Update: 27 Feb 2014
At a glance
- Originator Cangene Corporation
- Developer Emergent BioSolutions; University of British Columbia
- Mechanism of Action Amyloid beta-protein inhibitors; Immunomodulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Research Alzheimer's disease
Most Recent Events
- 21 Feb 2014 Cangene Corporation has been acquired and merged into Emergent BioSolutions
- 21 Feb 2013 Early research is ongoing in Canada
- 11 Nov 2011 Early research in Alzheimer's disease in Canada (Parenteral)