Research programme: CFTR modulators - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics/Sanofi GenzymeAlternative Names: CFTR correctors - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics/Sanofi Genzyme
Latest Information Update: 16 Dec 2016
At a glance
- Originator Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics; Genzyme Corporation
- Developer Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics; Sanofi Genzyme
- Mechanism of Action ATP-binding cassette transporter modulators; Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Cystic fibrosis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Cystic-fibrosis in USA
- 16 Nov 2011 Early research in Cystic fibrosis in USA (unspecified route)