Research programme: neurodegenerative therapeutics - Prothena Corporation/The University of Cambridge
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Prothena Corporation; University of Cambridge
- Mechanism of Action Protein aggregation modulators; Protein conformation modulators; Protein folding modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Alzheimer's disease; Parkinson's disease
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Alzheimer's-disease in United Kingdom
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Parkinson's-disease in United Kingdom
- 21 Dec 2012 Prothena Corporation is spun-off from Elan Corporation