Liraglutide depotAlternative Names: Liraglutide once-weekly; Liraglutide-depot; NN 9223
Latest Information Update: 25 Jun 2012
At a glance
- Originator Novo Nordisk
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Glucagon-like peptides; Obesity therapies
- Mechanism of Action Glucagon-like peptide stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 21 Jun 2012 Discontinued - Phase-I for Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (SC)
- 31 Mar 2012 Novo Nordisk completes a phase I trial in Healthy volunteers in USA (NCT01473953)