S-metoprolol/telmisartanAlternative Names: FDC metoprolol/telmasartan; Metpure-Tel 20; Metpure-Tel 40; S-metoprolol - Emcure; Telmasartan/S-metoprolol; Telmisartan - Emcure
Latest Information Update: 12 Jan 2012
At a glance
- Originator Emcure Pharmaceuticals
- Class Antihypertensives; Benzimidazoles; Benzoates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action ACE inhibitors; Angiotensin type 1 receptor antagonists; Beta-adrenergic receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Essential hypertension
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2011 Launched for Essential hypertension (met-25mg/tel-40mg) in India (PO)
- 31 Dec 2011 Launched for Essential hypertension (met-25mg/tel-20mg) in India (PO)
- 30 Jun 2011 Phase-III clinical trials in Essential hypertension (met-25mg/tel-40mg) in India (PO)