Insulin biosimilars - BiotonAlternative Names: Insulin analogues; Recombinant insulins
Latest Information Update: 15 Jul 2015
At a glance
- Originator BIOTON
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Insulins; Pancreatic hormones
- Mechanism of Action Ornithine decarboxylase stimulants; Phosphokinase stimulants; Protein tyrosine kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase Unknown Diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 31 Oct 2012 Actavis has been acquired and merged into Watson Pharmaceuticals
- 31 Jan 2012 Investigation in Diabetes mellitus in Poland (SC)