Paclitaxel-releasing balloon catheter and stent - Blue MedicalAlternative Names: DEB Pioneer; Pioneer
Latest Information Update: 21 Mar 2012
At a glance
- Originator Blue Medical
- Class Antineoplastics; Diterpenes; Paclitaxels; Small molecules; Taxanes
- Mechanism of Action Immunostimulants; Mitosis inhibitors; Tubulin inhibitors; Tubulin polymerisation promoters
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Coronary artery disease
Most Recent Events
- 15 Mar 2016 Biomarkers information updated
- 20 Mar 2012 Launched for Coronary artery disease in European Union (Intracoronary) - first global launch
- 16 Nov 2010 Registered for Coronary artery disease in European Union (Intracoronary)