Methotrexate extended-release - PaciraAlternative Names: DepoMethotrexate
Latest Information Update: 03 May 2012
At a glance
- Originator Pacira Pharmaceuticals
- Class Abortifacients; Antiasthmatics; Antineoplastics; Antipsoriatics; Antirheumatics; Benzamides; Disease-modifying antirheumatics; Glutamates; Pterins; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Tetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase inhibitors; Thymidylate synthase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Rheumatoid arthritis
Most Recent Events
- 27 Mar 2012 Preclinical development is ongoing in USA
- 31 Mar 2011 Preclinical trials in Rheumatoid arthritis in USA (Parenteral)