Fc-IFN betaAlternative Names: Fc-Interferon beta; Long-acting interferon - Merck Serono
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Merck Serono
- Class Interferons; Recombinant fusion proteins
- Mechanism of Action Immunomodulators; Interferon beta stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Multiple sclerosis
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Multiple-sclerosis in Europe (Parenteral)
- 15 May 2012 Phase-I clinical trials in Multiple sclerosis in Europe (Parenteral)