MK 5823Alternative Names: MK-5823
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Merck & Co
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action Undefined mechanism
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Type-2-diabetes-mellitus in USA (SC)
- 06 Nov 2012 Merck & Co terminates a phase I trial in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (NCT01614782)
- 26 Jun 2012 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (SC)