Dextropropoxyphene/paracetamol - XanodyneAlternative Names: Propoxyphene/acetaminophen - Xanodyne; XP 20B
Latest Information Update: 27 Jun 2012
At a glance
- Originator AAIPharma
- Developer Xanodyne Pharmaceuticals
- Class Acetanilides; Antipyretics; Non-opioid analgesics; Opioid analgesics; Propionates; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Opioid receptor agonists; Prostaglandin receptor antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Acute pain
Most Recent Events
- 31 Dec 2010 No development reported - Phase-III for Acute pain in USA (PO)
- 28 May 2008 Phase-III clinical trials for Acute pain in USA (PO)