LEZ 763Alternative Names: LEZ-763
Latest Information Update: 01 Sep 2015
At a glance
- Originator Novartis
- Class Antihyperglycaemics
- Mechanism of Action GPR119 protein agonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 01 Sep 2013 Novartis completes a phase I/II trial in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in the US (NCT01619332)
- 20 Jun 2012 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in USA (PO)