Research programme: microbicide bioadhesive gel formulations - SRI InternationalAlternative Names: aciclovir + tenofovir - SRI International
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator SRI International
- Class Hypoxanthines; Phosphorus acids; Purines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action DNA-directed DNA polymerase inhibitors; Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Herpes simplex virus infections; HIV infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in HIV-infections(Prevention) in USA (Vaginal, Gel)
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in Herpes-simplex-virus-infections(Prevention) in USA (Vaginal, Gel)
- 24 Jul 2012 Early research in HIV infections in USA (Vaginal)