Research programme: LOX inhibitors - PharmaxisAlternative Names: LOX; LOXL2
Latest Information Update: 29 Mar 2016
At a glance
- Originator Pharmaxis
- Class Pyrans; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action LOXL2 protein-inhibitors; Protein-lysine 6-oxidase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
- Available For Licensing Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Preclinical Cancer; Fibrosis
- Research Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis