Research programme: quadruple fixed combination HIV therapy - Cipla/DNDiAlternative Names: 4-in-1 fixed combination ARV therapy - Cipla/DNDi; 4-in-1 paediatric antiretroviral drug combination - Cipla/DNDi; Lopinavir/ritonavir/3TC/ABC; Lopinavir/ritonavir/3TC/AZT; Lopinavir/ritonavir/lamivudine/abacavir; Lopinavir/ritonavir/lamivudine/zidovudine; LPV/r/ABC/3TC - Cipla/DNDi; LPV/r/AZT/3TC - Cipla/DNDi
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Cipla; Drugs for Neglected Diseases Initiative Foundation
- Class Dideoxynucleosides; Pyrimidine nucleosides; Pyrimidinones; Thiazoles
- Mechanism of Action HIV protease inhibitors; HIV replication inhibitors; Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported HIV-1 infections
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for research development in HIV-1-infections(In children, In infants, Treatment-naive) in Unknown (PO, Granules)
- 20 Aug 2012 Early research in HIV-1 infections (Treatment naive, In infants, In children) (PO)