GSK 2849466Alternative Names: GSK2849466
Latest Information Update: 12 Mar 2015
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Mechanism of Action Selective androgen receptor modulators
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Cachexia; Heart failure
Most Recent Events
- 23 Jun 2014 Adverse events and pharmacokinetics data from a phase I trial in Healthy volunteers presented at the Joint Meeting of the 16th International Congress of Endocrinology and the 96th Annual Meeting of the Endocrine Society (ICE/ENDO-2014)
- 01 Feb 2014 Discontinued - Phase-I for Cachexia (In volunteers) in USA (PO) (GlaxoSmithKline pipeline, February 2014)
- 01 Feb 2014 Discontinued - Phase-I for Heart failure in USA (PO) (GlaxoSmithKline pipeline, February 2014)