At a glance
- Originator Institute for OneWorld Health
- Developer Institute for OneWorld Health; PATH
- Class Amides; Antidiarrhoeals; Bromobenzenes; Heterocyclic compounds; Oxadiazoles; Phenyl ethers; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity Yes
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Diarrhoea
Most Recent Events
- 04 Apr 2014 PATH & the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation plan a phase II trial for Diarrhoea (due to cholera) in Bangladesh (NCT02111304)
- 26 Nov 2013 The Institute for OneWorld Health & the Program for Appropriate Technology in Health complete a phase I/II trial in Diarrhoea (due to cholera) in Bangladesh (NCT01823939)
- 21 May 2013 Phase-I/II clinical trials in Diarrhoea (due to cholera) in Bangladesh (PO)