Melphalan intraocular injection - Icon Bioscience
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Icon Bioscience
- Class Antineoplastics; Aromatic amino acids; Myeloablative agonists; Nitrogen mustard compounds; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Alkylating agents; DNA synthesis inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- No development reported Retinoblastoma
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for preclinical development in Retinoblastoma in USA (Intraocular, Controlled release)
- 03 Jan 2013 Icon Bioscience's controlled-release intraocular injection formulation of Melphalan receives Orphan Drug status for Retinoblastoma in USA