At a glance
- Originator HMBL Limited
- Developer Heart Metabolics Limited
- Class Antihypertensives; Cyclohexanes; Ischaemic heart disorder therapies; Piperidines; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Calcium channel antagonists; Carnitine O-palmitoyltransferase inhibitors
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Phase II Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
Most Recent Events
- 01 Aug 2016 Phase-II clinical trials in Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in USA (PO) (NCT02862600)
- 16 Apr 2015 Heart Metabolics plans a phase III trial for Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in USA (NCT02431221)
- 16 Apr 2015 Heart Metabolics receives Special Protocol Assessment from the US FDA for a phase III trial of perhexiline for Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy