Acarbose/metforminAlternative Names: BAY81-9783; Glucobay-M; Metformin/acarbose
Latest Information Update: 16 Jul 2016
At a glance
- Originator Bayer HealthCare
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Biguanides; Small molecules
- Mechanism of Action Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors; AMP activated protein kinase stimulants
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
Highest Development Phases
- Marketed Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 16 Jul 2016 No recent reports of development identified for phase-I development in Type-2-diabetes-mellitus in South Korea (PO, Tablet)
- 31 Dec 2012 Bayer completes a phase I trial in healthy volunteers in South Korea (NCT01728740)
- 30 Sep 2012 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus in South Korea (PO)