Glimepiride extended release/metformin extended release - GlaxoSmithKlineAlternative Names: Metformin extended release/glimepiride extended release - GlaxoSmithKline
Latest Information Update: 29 Apr 2016
At a glance
- Originator GlaxoSmithKline
- Class Antihyperglycaemics; Biguanides; Small molecules; Sulfones; Sulfonylureas
- Mechanism of Action AMP activated protein kinase stimulants; Gluconeogenesis inhibitors; Insulinotropin agonists; Potassium channel antagonists
Orphan Drug Status
Orphan designation is assigned by a regulatory body to encourage companies to develop drugs for rare diseases.
On Fast track
Fast track status is assigned by the US FDA so therapies with the potential to address unmet needs can move faster through development.
- New Molecular Entity No
Highest Development Phases
- Discontinued Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Most Recent Events
- 30 Aug 2013 GlaxoSmithKline terminates phase I trial in Type 2 diabetes mellitus (in volunteers) in Australia (NCT01725672)
- 01 Sep 2012 Phase-I clinical trials in Type-2 diabetes mellitus (in volunteers) in Australia (PO)